Rudis Sylva is launching its 3rd generation of watches equipped with the famous Harmonious Oscillator, decorated in the most exquisite fashion.
This watchmaking revolution featuring toothed balances a unique invention which instantly eliminates the effects of gravity, boasts highly sophisticated decorative details hand-worked by the region's finest craftsmen. Its technical characteristics are also exceptional:
• The two toothed balances are interlinked. This link ensures the same amplitude. The symmetry and energy of the balance springs are constantly opposed, enabling instantaneous average correction in the vertical position, which eliminates the effect of gravity.
• The frequency is 21,600 vibrations/hour (3 Hz)
• The cage turns 360 degrees in 60 seconds
• The pallet fork is positioned at 90 degrees
• The double barrel ensures a power reserve of 70 hours
Second indicator bridge
Machined from titanium and hand-bevelled, this bridge includes 28 inward corners. It takes 10 times longer to create an inward corner in titanium than a rounded corner in steel!
The lower part of this strategic component features a hand-crafted guilloche decoration of tapering pyramids. From the edge to the centre of the piece, each guilloche line includes 60 pyramids, each one smaller than its neighbour, requiring extremely meticulous guilloche operations.
Apparent in the marking on the double barrel bridge, the sun dial or in the text on the back of the watch, the infinitely precise engraving magnifies the skill of the hand-engraver whose painstaking work is carried out under binoculars.
Grand feu enamel
The silica stones are crushed by hand and mixed with water. The resulting material is then applied to the hand-engraved surfaces and placed in an kiln at 840 degrees. Finally, the enamel is polished to obtain a perfect sun dial.
The unique technology offered by Rudis Sylva positions the Harmonious Oscillator above all existing tourbillons, since it is completely freed from the effects of gravity. The hand finishing makes each product unique and pays tribute to the various branches of watchmaking artistry.