Van Cleef & Arpels introduces a whole new collection, based on the harmonious and enduringly beautiful shapes of Classicism.
The tonneau case features the elegant central attachments of the PA 49.
Inspired by the world of haute couture, the new dials are adorned with diamond lace or “dentelle”, set off by a black lacquer background. This lace, similar to the one featured in the sumptuous High Jewellery Couture collection, is made of scintillating diamond arabesque patterns. Just as for an Haute Couture collection, each dial has been fitted with its own made-to-measure lace design.
Underneath the apparent beauty and refinement of these exquisite watches hides a combination of extraordinary expertises since several different skills are required to achieve such apparently seamless perfection:
- The quality and choice of diamonds. Only the best of jewellers such as Van Cleef & Arpels demands the highest standards for its diamonds- D E F / V V S – are the only categories accepted in order to obtain maximum brilliance.
- The presence and quality of the black lacquer. This material is very hardwearing but also extremely difficult to produce; hours of meticulous and painstaking work are required by an expert in lacquer work in order to obtain such a deep and velvety aspect.
- The setting of diamonds on the black lacquer. Hand setting the diamonds, to form the delicate lacelike pattern, on such a difficult surface, demands the know-how of an expert diamond setter. Once again, the High Jewellery expertise of the House creates an opportunity in watch making technique.
- White gold
- Scratch-proof sapphire glass
- Tonneau : brilliant-cut diamond-set bezel, 26x33 mm
- Black lacquer and white gold set with brilliant-cut diamonds
- Swiss quartz movement (ETA)
- 3 year autonomy
- Diamond-set white gold folding clasp
- White gold 34 grs
- 164 round diamonds / 2,3 cts